Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/23 Outdoor Wednesday # 176

Outdoor-Wednesday-logo_thumb1_thumb1[2]

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE

1. POST your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

2. Add your Name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr. Linky”. For help with permalink see HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked around the yard last week and took a lot of pictures. I sat down at the computer and looked at them and made a (long) list of things I wanted to do.

One side of the house had gotten overgrown so I decided to do something about it this past weekend. I took pictures when I was finished so I could share some before and after photos.

Before..the bushes by the house were over my head!

right side up 2 before

Looks much better now….

right side up 2 after

right side down 1 after

and if you walk further down …before….. from two different views…

right side up 1 before

right side down 2 before

looks much better (after) …and now have some places for something new to plant!

right side up 1 after

right side down 2 after

and believe it or not..there is an arbor there!

arbor before

There it is!

arbor after

I have a few other areas of the yard to work on. I will share pictures of them when I have some progress.

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S PARTICIPANTS:

22 comments:

  1. That looks like a very pleasant garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a very busy lady. So fun to see the arbor. It's all looking nice.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to do some cutting back in the flower beds. Your gardens are looking lovely and I love the arbor. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your before and after inspires me to get out there and get working.

    Thanks for hosting. I'm new and am now following.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful idea to use pictures to give us an idea of what we want to change - where things are etc...You did a lot of work! Looks great! I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful Susan. Lots of work, but well worth it.
    We took this same sort of inventory this Spring and did some work with some help, this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- lots of work Susan! Looking great!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting this fun party! You have been very busy. The result are beautiful!
    Have a great week.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you - my first time joining your outdoor blog party!'

    Appreciate your hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the arbor and trimmed up boxwoods. I need both at my place. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you have been working hard! My hubbie cut back some of our boxwood hedges and we still have plenty more to do! I love my garden but sometimes it is a bit of work! Yours looks wonderful! Love your arbor!!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ongoing I see. I have been working for two years now tryig to get my wisteria to make an arbor. S.l.o.w.l.y...it comes. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your journey in your garden and yard sounds a lot like ours... So much work so little time to do it in. However, its lovely to see the results of your labours.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your yard has lots of possbilities! Have fun! Thanks for hosting.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been doing a lot of work outdoors! It always feels good to see results like this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You done a lot of work last week-end!!!
    I have walked through some of our parks today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see alot of progress. I love working in the yard. It's great therapy and it looks so nice when you sit back and take it all in. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think we all are in the same position as ..
    the weather has been enticing of late..
    begging us to come outdoors..
    to play..garden ..or just wander and view!
    enjoy!
    I have much waiting to be done..
    both indoors and out!
    hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well the weathers just warming here in Northern N.Y. and Im so excited to see more POPS of color everyday:) Your garden is so lovely and it has a kind of Vintage feel to it.I love your arbor as its something Im going to build this year for my gardens.Thank you so much for hosting.Deidre~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice job!! That looks like it took a lot of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sharing a guest post by a fellow local blogger. She started vegetable garden last year, and learned a lot. She's excited about doing it again this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!